Thursday, October 15, 2009

5x07 - Welcome, Traveler

At Hilda and Zelda's house on the upstairs landing. Salem is perched on the linen basket as Zelda comes over and drops her suitcase on the ground.


ZELDA

OK, how do I look?


SALEM

Like a vision, an angel descended from heaven. In short...me-ow!


ZELDA

Whatever it is you want...no.


SALEM

I want nothing but to wish you well on your Other Realm egg-head retreat.


ZELDA (putting on her jacket)

You just wanna' get rid of me so you can have one of your wild bachelor weekends. Of all the times for Hilda to be picking coffee beans in Honduras.


SALEM

You don’t have to worry about me partying. I’ll be having a quiet weekend curled up with ‘Memoirs of a Geisha’


ZELDA

I appreciate that. The last thing I wanna' do is stress out about you while I’m at Genius Polusa.


SALEM

Now hurry up and get out of here so I can start missing you.


The doorbell from the Other Realm portal goes off.


ZELDA

Who could that be?


SALEM

I...I'm not expecting anyone...(mumbling)...so soon.


The door is opened by Zelda and a caterer holding a piñata is revealed to be on the other side.

CATERER

Mr. Saberhagen? I’ve got your order here for fifty folding chairs, a deluxe meter bar, three gallons of guacamole and one piñata. You must be having one heck of a party.


SALEM

Fiesta!


ZELDA

Fiesta’s over gato stupido.


SALEM

Can’t I at least keep the piñata?


ZELDA

You ARE the piñata


She zaps Salem and he is turned into a piñata, attached to the seeling. A donkey...with the head of a cat.


SALEM (V/O)

Help! A stomach full of candy? Oh Henry, show me the nougat!


***


OPENING CREDITS


***


Sabrina is in philosophy class with the other students sitting in on a lecture. Miles, her roommate, is present.


PROFESSOR BURKE

And that brings us to the very crux of existentialism. Now can anyone prove to me...(brings out a wooden chair)...that this chair exists? (Sabrina raises her hand) Miss Spellman?


SABRINA

Well according to Descarte, the fact that I perceive the chair and the fact that I perceive myself, based on the fact that you perceive me...


PROFESSOR BURKE (interrupting)

Anyone else? (Miles raises his hand) Mr. Goodman, prove to me to me that this chair exists?


MILES

What chair?


PROFESSOR BURKE

Brilliant! Class, take note of Mr. Goodman’s unconventional perspective on the, so called, obvious. Dismissed.


The class all get their books up and leave. Miles walks by Sabrina.


MILES

Great, now the other kids are gonna beat me up.


SABRINA

Miles, this isn’t grade school.


MILES

Grade school? Try ‘K’ through twelve.


Miles and Sabrina walk out of the classroom and walk pass a boy and a girl from their class.



JASON

Hey, Goodman!


MILES (to Sabrina)

I think I can take the girl.


SABRINA

I’ve got your back.


JASON

Great job in philosophy. ‘What chair?’ Brilliant.


MILES

Well, thanks. I wonder if it’ll work with ‘What homework?’


SABRINA

You know, technically, there really was a chair in there. It was brown and you could see it. Forget it.


HEATHER

We just wanted to say that we were blown away by your intellect and your whole take on life. You seem like the kind of guy who’s open to new ideas.


SABRINA

Definitely. You should see the bizarre electronic equipment he has in his room and he claims he can communicate with...(Miles nudges her)...no one.


HEATHER

Jason and I just joined a group you might be interested in.


JASON

It’s dedicated to the exploration of alternate realities and the search for truth in the universe.


SABRINA

Wow, it sound like it’s right up your alley.


HEATHER

Well we have open meetings every Friday night and we’d love it if you came by? (gives Miles a card)


MILES

No thanks, I’m not much of a socia...


SABRINA (cutting Miles off)

He’ll be there.


HEATHER

Great! Bye. (she and Jason walk off)


MILES (he and Sabrina go their own way)

Since when are you my mother? I’m not going to that group and I’m not calling you and dad when I get there.


SABRINA

You know, you never go out. Do you have any social life at all?


MILES

This is it! I’m making eye contact and everything.


SABRINA

You’re always talking about alternate realities and junk like that. It puts most people to sleep, but those two think you’re a god.


MILES

In case you haven’t noticed, I don’t feel real comfortable around large groups of people.


SABRINA

Well, what do you consider a large group?


MILES

Anyone more than me.


***


Salem is sitting alone on the couch watching TV when the doorbell rings.


SALEM (shouting)

Come on in! The money's on the coffee table.


Kenji, the delivery man for the Chinese take away restaurant, enters.


KENJI

Hello? Kenton Gardens! (looks around) I’m stealing all your furniture! (goes and puts the food on the coffee table) Thank you! (quietly) For the lousy tip.


Kenji puts the money in his pocket and turns for the front door again.


SALEM (under his breath)

That idiot forgot the fortune cookies.


Kenji hears and turns back.


KENJI

I did not forget the fortune cookies! (peering at Salem) What did you say?


SALEM

Aargh...(unsure what to say)...meow.


***


Sabrina and Roxie walk out of their room.


SABRINA

Hey, maybe we should invite Miles to come to the movies with us.


ROXIE

Do we have to? We’re meeting normal people tonight.


SABRINA

What if I promise he won't use the words Roswell, bigfoot or Klingon?


ROXIE

We’d still have to deal with his latest conspiracy theory. (impersonation on Miles) The moon landing was a total hoax.


SABRINA

Look, I happen to know there’s a whole group of people that are very interested in what Miles thinks...and not just psychiatrists.


Sabrina walks over to Miles' door and does a secret knock.


MILES (V/O from his room)

Come in Sabrina. (Sabrina enters) Thanks for the secret knock.


SABRINA

Oh no problem, and don’t worry, I wasn’t followed. (about his telescope) A new toy?


MILES

I’ve been saving for this baby since I was fifteen. This is the Argonaut XR-9, eight inch parabolic primary mirror, eight hundred millimetre focal length. So powerful, pointing it at the moon is like being there. Which is a lot more than I can say for Mr. Neil Armstrong.


SABRINA

All very interesting, now how about taking a break and coming with us to the movies?


MILES

No thanks, I’m staying in tonight.


SABRINA

Miles, you can’t stay in every night! How’s everyone gonna know what a great guy you are if all you do is...hey, can you point this thing at the men's weight room? (adjusts the telescope view and looks through) Wow, apparently you can. Hello.


MILES

The truth is, I was thinking about going to that alternate reality group tonight but I feel weird going alone.


SABRINA

Oh well, Roxie and I’ll go with you.


MILES

Really?


SABRINA

Yeah, you know we can go to the movies anytime but how many times do you get to seek out universal truth?


MILES

Well how are you gonna get Roxie to come along?


SABRINA

I’m gonna lie. (walks out)


***


Kenji is sitting on the couch beside Salem, teasingly eating the noodles, in an attempt to try to get Salem to talk again.


KENJI

Mmm, all you have to do is talk for me and you get the chow mien. Mmmm, pork.


SALEM

Oh, oh, oh the other white meat! Fine! I’m talking, see! Now give memy chow mien!


KENJI

I knew I wasn’t crazy, you are a talking cat. You could make me a very wealthy man. I could quit this stupid job and move back home to Tokyo.


SALEM

Hold the phone. Why’s a Japanese guy working in a Chinese restaurant?


KENJI

Why is a cat talking? Oh that’s right, to make me rich! You’re coming with me! (picks up Salem and starts for the door)


SALEM

Oh. I knew I should have ordered pizza!


***


Sabrina, Miles and Roxie step through together in the entrance hallway at Jim Thom's house. The walls are decorated with the appropriate items to make it seem like home for Miles.


ROXIE

This isn’t a movie theatre, you lied to me.


SABRINA

All in the name of truth.


MILES (looking at a poster)

OK, I see the Crab Nebula, I’m starting to feel at home.


ROXIE

And I’m ready to go home.


SABRINA (restraining Roxie from leaving)

Oh wait-wait-wait! Look, it looks like they’re showing a movie in there.


They look through a gap in a curtained off room. They step through and find a group of people sitting on the floor in front of a TV screen.


NARRATOR (V/O)

Human cells contain the very same primordial elements that compose all heavenly bodies throughout the universe. We are children of the stars.


MILES (to Roxie and Sabrina)

Yes! I’ve always maintained that.


JIM THOM (V/O on screen)

Join me, Jim-Thom, on an epic journey to meet your mortal challenge and discover your cosmic soul.


SABRINA (joking)

Or better yet, your cosmic soul-train. Anyone feel like dancing?


Heather approaches them.


HEATHER

Miles, I am so glad you made it.


MILES

Hey Heather, how’s it goin? You remember Sabrina?


SABRINA

Philosophy class? Girl in the front row? Sees chairs that aren’t really there?


HEATHER

It doesn’t ring a bell.


MILES

And this is...


ROXIE (interrupting)

Ida! (to Sabrina) I'd a rather be anywhere else than here.


HEATHER (to Miles)

What did you think of the video?


MILES

I just caught the end but it seemed to completely parallel my world view.


HEATHER

Jim Thom is a brilliant thinker and we told him how insightful you are. He was very impressed.


MILES

With me?


HEATHER

Oh, yes. Come and meet some of the others. (takes him by the hand over to the rest of the group)


SABRINA (watching after Miles; to Roxie)

How perfect are they together?


ROXIE

It’s like someone took Ken and Barbie and dunked them in the freak machine.


SABRINA

What’s with you Roxie? I mean, maybe these people aren’t exactly like us, but that doesn’t make them freaks.


Roxie is about to reply, when a man not so tall approaches the two of them. He has a slightly chubby build and has a crystal necklace around his neck.


CHUCK

Greetings. (to Sabrina) My Jim-Thom crystal is picking up powerful vibrations from you. Permission to touch your aura?


Promptly, Sabrina and Roxie take a step away from Chuck.


SABRINA

Aargh, let’s just be friends...I’m Sabrina and this is...


ROXIE (cutting Sabrina off)

Someone who was told she was going to the movies.


SABRINA

And you are?


CHUCK

The name's Chuck, but names aren’t important here. What counts is what’s on the inside.


Chuck performs an odd salute to the pair – he puts his left palm on his chest, raises his thumb to his forehead and then holds his hands towards them in an offering.


ROXIE (to Sabrina)

Don’t worry, I have pepper spray in my bag.


SABRINA

So, what’s the deal with this Jim Thom guy? Does he have an uncle in the pillow business?


CHUCK

Oh, Jim Thom feels that the closer we are to earth, the more freely we can absorb its knowledge.


SABRINA

Oh, so you learn through your butt?


CHUCK (laughs)

Yes, Jim Thom appreciates humour. He’s an open, nurturing man. All he asks is that we-we maintain a respectful distance from his forbidden zone.


SABRINA / ROXIE (taken aback)

Excuse me?


Chuck gestures across the room to some sliding doors.


CHUCK

That. It’s his inner space, it leads to a place of mystery, a place of magic.


He makes another gesture towards the doors, squatting down and leaning forward with his head down between his outstretched arms.


SABRINA (to Roxie)

Well, I’m ready for that movie, how about you?


ROXIE

Absolutely.


Sabrina looks over at Miles before departing, receiving a thumbs-up from him and leaving with Roxie.


***


Kenji enters the back room at the Chinese takeaway place he works at. Salem is perched up in a cage.


SALEM

About time! Where were you?


KENJI

Leaving messages for every talent agency from here to the Hollywood sign. You are going to make me filthy rich. You headline in Vegas and have your own TV show where you dispense justice with attitude.


SALEM

Your little money making scheme is over. At any moment my friends are going to crash through that curtain to rescue me! Just watch. (nothing happens after a few moments) I took a shot.


***


Sabrina walks into the kitchen in the college house and joins Roxie.


SABRINA

Hey, Rox. Hey, Miles wasn’t in philosophy today, have you seen him?


ROXIE

He came in after you left for class, changed clothes and headed off to Jim Thom’s house.


SABRINA

He’s been there three days in a row.


ROXIE

Well, that’s what usually happens when you join a cult.


SABRINA

Roxie, it’s not a cult, it’s just a...group of lost souls who worship one guy and don’t question anything he says. (sudden realization dawns on her) Maybe I should go check on Miles. (runs out)


***


At Jim Thom's house, in the main room. Chuck is on the TV monitor as the group watch him.


ONSCREEN CHUCK

Jim Thom changed my life. (Sabrina walks in) Before him my life was about material things. My helicopter, my winery, but I traded all that for Jim-Thom’s gift of enlightenment.


Onscreen Chuck gives out his hand gesture that he showed to Roxie and Sabrina a few days ago. The real Chuck looks a little shy as his friends gather around and give him applauses.


CHUCK

Oh, lordy!


SABRINA

Oh brother! Miles, get away from the little man and come with me.


MILES

Hey Sabrina, what are you doing here?


SABRINA

Aargh, I’m a little worried about you. I haven’t seen you in a few days.


MILES

I’m doing great, I’m meeting wonderful...intelligent people...and I’m learning so much from Jim Thom. He has incredible powers.


SABRINA

Well, so did Spiderman but he didn’t ask people to give up their helicopters.


MILES

Real stuff! He has the psychic ability to communicate with plants and insects, and also, usually you have to be a full fledged traveller before you hear this, he’s a witch.


SABRINA (surprised by the irony)

A what? (!)


JIM THOM (standing at the opposite side)

A witch. (to Sabrina) I don’t believe we’ve met.


MILES

This is Sabrina.


JIM THOM

Sabrina, I’m Jim Thom, glad to have you aboard on this special journey. (walks past her and onto the sliding doors) Welcome traveller.


***


SABRINA

Miles, do you really believe that Jim-Thom is a witch?


MILES

Look, I know it sounds weird but I’ve seen the man do amazing things, appear out of thin air, make stuff vanish.


SABRINA

But witches aren’t supposed to go around announcing they’re witches.


MILES

And you would know that how?


SABRINA (unsure how to answer)

Well...if I was a witch, you know I, I, I wouldn’t be blabbing it all over town!


The sliding doors open on Sabrina's line. We find that Jim Thom is floating, sitting in the middle of the air, levitating.


MILES

Look at that! Don’t you wish you could levitate?


SABRINA (looking Jim Thom up and down)

Interesting technique. Gotta' go. (walks out)


Sabrina walks out of the room, and double checking to make sure no one can see her, she zaps herself and disappears into an array of magical sparkles.


***


Zelda's Genius Camp, in the Other Realm. She has just partaken in her swing of the Mexican Wave, as she sit down she finds the once-empty seat beside her is now filled by Sabrina.


SABRINA

Hi, Aunt Zelda.


ZELDA

Oh, Sabrina!


SABRINA

Who would have guessed that geniuses knew the wave?


ZELDA

Oh, we egg-heads love to let it all hang out. I wish you could have been at Isaac Newton’s last night, the things that man can do with an apple.


SABRINA (changing the subject)

Anyway, Aunt Zelda, I just came by to ask you a question. Have you ever heard of a guy named Jim Thom?


ZELDA

No, who is he?


SABRINA

He’s the leader of a cult that Miles has joined.


ZELDA

Why did Miles join a cult?


SABRINA

I told him to...but that’s beside the point. Anyway, Jim Thom is claiming he’s a witch!


ZELDA

Oh I'd hate to think one of our own is using his powers for evil.


It's their turn to do their part for the Mexican Wave again. They both stand, and sit down again.


SABRINA

Well, is there any way for me to tell if he’s really a witch?


ZELDA

Well, you’ll have to perform the knuckle test.


SABRINA

Oh, of course, the knuckle test...what’s the knuckle test?


ZELDA

You steal a hair from his left pinkie knuckle. If the hair curls, he’s not a witch.


SABRINA

Is there any other way?


ZELDA

Be thankful, when I was a girl you had to go in through the nose.


SABRINA

Urgh!


It's their turn for the wave again – and as Zelda sits back down her niece is gone.


***


Sabrina appears in Jim Thom's "inner space", a luxury room.


SABRINA

Ah so this is the inner space. I guess the cult business pays pretty well.


JIM THOM (V/O)

I’ll join you right after I cleanse my soul.


SABRINA

Time to be a fly on the wall!


Sabrina points on herself and in array of sparks is zapped away, just as Jim Thom walks in...she is now a fly, on the coffee table, still with her face. She rubs her hands together.


SABRINA

Must have garbage! No, gotta focus.


The phone rings.


JIM THOM (answering phone)

Yeah, hello Jim Thom...hey, Harry!...Yeah, it’s been a very fruitful week...I have seen my early retirement package and his name is Miles Goodman. (laughs)


SABRINA

Okay, we know he’s a crook, now let’s find out if he’s a witch.


JIM THOM

Hey, how about you and I taking a cruise down to the Bahamas for a little R and R? (Sabrina's fly figure pulls a hair from his pinky) Aargh! Aargh!


Sabrina flies away quickly, holding the hair which is very curly...


SABRINA

It’s official, he’s not a witch and he’s got eczema. (looks up and sees that Jim Thom is about to swat her) O-o! Gotta fly!


Sabrina dashes away before she is hit.


JIM THOM

Darn!


***


Sabrina materializes in Jim Thom's hallway. But something's up with her leg...


SABRINA

Close call. (zaps her insecticide leg away) Phew! That would have been a nightmare to shave.


Sabrina steps through the curtain. It is dinner time. Sabrina approaches Chuck.


SABRINA

Oh, hi, Chuck, sorry to rain on your psychic parade but have you seen Miles?


CHUCK

He went home to get something for Jim-Thom.


SABRINA (looking at Chucks' dinner bowl)

Well what are you people eating?


JASON

Mung beans and rice.


HEATHER

Jim Thom says that pure living starts with a strict vegetarian diet.


SABRINA

So he’s a witch and a nutritionist?


Miles enters holding the telescope that he had in his room, the one he has been saving for since the age of 15.


CULT GROUP (to Miles)

Greetings, traveller.


MILES

Oh, greetings fellow travellers. (balances his instrument in one hand and gestures the greeting at them) Sabrina, you’re back?


SABRINA (sarcastic at first)

Yeah, who could miss mung beans and rice night? Miles, what are you doing with your telescope?


MILES

Sabrina, it’s not my telescope anymore than this is my planet or these are my hands.


CHUCK

Jim Thom tells us possessions should not take over our lives.


JASON

The Jim Thom teachings...


HEATHER

Chapter seven, verse twelve. Travellers...


The cult group all stand and bow their heads as they recite.


CULT GROUP

You’ve got enough, you love your stuff.


SABRINA

That’s it? Those are his pearls of wisdom? Look Miles, everyone. Okay, I’ve got something to tell you and I’ll try to be delicate. Jim Thom is a big fat liar! He’s a fake! A phoney! A con! A cheater! A chiseller! A bamboozler! A swindler! He’s bunko, bogus!


MILES (interrupting)

Sabrina, stop! Jim Thom already warned us our friends would say that about him.


SABRINA

Because it’s true! I overheard him talking in his stupid "Inner space"


CHUCK

Easy there! We don’t go around insulting your forbidden zone.


Sabrina has an uneasy look on her face before she continues.


SABRINA

Jim Thom is planning to take all your money.


MILES

That’s ridiculous! All Jim Thom is trying to do is give us a better life and lead us to true happiness.


SABRINA

But you were happy before! Remember, you were so excited to just look at the moon!


MILES

And then you told me to get involved on this planet, and now, for the first time in my life, I feel connected with myself, with other people and with the universe. Sabrina, thanks to you, I feel whole!


SABRINA

Yeah, well...(unsure how to say it)...get over it.


***


Jim Thom is on his couch in his "inner space" plucking some eyebrow hairs as there is a knock from the back door.


JIM THOM

Who is it?


KENJI

Delivery! Kenton Gardens!


Jim Thom gets up, releases half a dozen safety chains and opens the door. Kenji walks in.


JIM THOM

Hmm. Food in one hand, a cat in the other. You give me a discount or I report you to the health department.

Kenji puts the food down on the table and holds up the cage.


KENJI

This isn’t just any cat, it’s a talking cat. It’s going to make me rich. Tell him cat. (but Salem says nothing)


JIM THOM

I’ll get my wallet. (walks away)


KENJI (to Salem, as Jim Thom is gone)

You really irritate me. You embarrass me Salmon.


SALEM

The name's Salem, you idiot! (Jim Thom returns) If you’re going to hold me hostage you could at least show me some respect and call me by my real... (notices Jim Thom's presence)...meow. Oh, jeez.


JIM THOM

This is a miracle, a divine sign from a higher power. I must own it.


SALEM

I’m not for sale.


KENJI

Make an offer.


JIM THOM

Ten thousand dollars and that includes the take out.


KENJI

Sold! (shakes Jim Thom's hand)


SALEM

Ghe?


***


Sabrina is still having trouble trying to relay the truth of Jim Thom's motives to his followers.


SABRINA

OK Chuck, let’s go with your argument. Let’s say that anyone who levitates is a witch, well, magicians levitate and David Copperfield is a magician. (prompting) Airgo...


CHUCK

David Copperfield is a witch!


The cult group mumble stun to themselves.


SABRINA

No! No, no, no! OK, we’ll start again. Okay, if a person pulls a rabbit out of a hat, we call this person a...


CHUCK

A witch!


Sabrina covers her head with her hands. They just don't get it!


MILES

Sabrina, I think it would be a good idea if you left now.


Sabrina is about to give up on it all, just as the sliding doors to Jim Thom's inner space part open and he steps through, carting a trolley with Salem's cage covered.


JIM THOM

Fellow travellers, I have a special treat for you. Tonight I have proof the mortal challenge has been met. I present to you a genuine cosmic soul, an ancient, gifted prophet who has chosen to visit us in a unique form. (takes off the cover from Salem's cage)


SABRINA

Salem?


JIM THOM

Stealthy messenger from beyond, revered by witches and pharos, please share with us your wisdom.


SABRINA (quietly casting a spell)

Birds fly, dogs walk but this cat no longer talks.


JIM THOM (to Salem)

Anytime you’re ready cosmic soul. (no sound comes from Salem's mouth) Anytime now. (silent pause) Talk amongst yourselves.


Jim Thom steps back into his inner space with Salem.


SABRINA

I think this whole charade proves my point.


JOSH

Of course the cat's not going to speak, he’s picking up on your negative energy.


CHUCK

A prophet can’t reveal himself to a non-believer.


SABRINA

OK, I didn’t want to have to resort to this...


Sabrina zaps her finger discreetly at the TV screen and an image of Jim Thom's inner space comes on. He is eating up the Chinese he ordered and growling at Salem.


SABRINA

Look!


ONSCREEN JIM THOM

You back stabbing little vermin eater. I shelled out ten grand for you! If I tell you to talk, you had better talk! Those idiots aren’t gonna keep falling for that levitation trick.


CHUCK

Idiots? He can’t be talking about us?


ONSCREEN JIM THOM

Sure, I can string Chuck along, he’s got oat-meal for brains. I've gotta find a new angle to keep the rest of those losers sucked in.


MILES

Sabrina was right! Jim-Thom is a hoax!


SABRINA

Look, his inner space, it’s not a spiritual haven, it’s a bachelor pad.


CHUCK

My mobile wet bar! That’s my faux tiger skin! That’s my couch! He said he was gonna donate it to an orphanage.


SABRINA

Which one? Our Lady of Saint Hefner?


JASON

Jim Thom also said we had to become vegetarians! So why’s he eating Mongolian beef?!


CHUCK

Brother, we’ve been had! (as they all exit) This stinks!


Sabrina and Miles are the only two remaining.


SABRINA

Are you OK?


MILES

I can’t believe I got conned like this. (walks out)


Sabrina bursts into Jim Thom's inner space with a flick of her magical arm. A strong gust of wind blows as she steps in.


JIM TOM

How did you get in here?


SABRINA

Well if you were a witch you’d know! (starts levitating herself) And next time you’re going to impersonate one, please, do something original. (she briefly turns the fake tiger skin on his couch into a tiger) Everybody’s on to you, all your cosmic travellers have left because they know what kind of person you really are. A charlatan and a thief!


JIM THOM

You know you and I could make a lot of money together.


SABRINA

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear, you’re out of the cult business Jim-Thom!


JIM THOM

But I have no other skills! (Sabrina points and a clap of thunder sounds outside) I’ll get some.


Grabbing his food, he runs and exits. Sabrina approaches Salem.


SABRINA

Tail of rat, wing of bat, allow this cat to chit and chat.


SALEM

Oh, Sabrina! You saved my life! Jim Thom said he was gonna do unspeakable things to me if I didn’t talk. He..he...he took the Mongolian beef!


***


Sabrina is sitting on the couch in the college house, reading, with Miles' telescope beside her. Miles approaches.


MILES

Hey.


SABRINA

Hey, Miles.


MILES

Oh! You got back my telescope, thanks Sabrina.


SABRINA

No problem. I’m sorry I pushed you to get involved with Jim Thom.


MILES

You didn’t force me to join that group, and it wasn’t all bad. I might have temporarily lost my mind but,...I gained a few friends.


SABRINA

Really?


MILES

Yeah, after we left Jim-Thom’s, all the ex-travellers went out for chicken and waffles.


SABINA

Well at least it’s better than mung beans.


MILES

Sabrina, I gotta tell you. The way you went in there and put yourself on the line for me was incredible. You’re a really good friend.


SABRINA

Thanks Miles.


MILES

And if you ever get involved with people who claim to be from another realm, I’ll be the first to bust the thing wide open.


SABRINA

Well, hopefully you won't have to go in through the nose. (Miles gives her a look) Private joke...


***


Sabrina is sitting on the couch at her aunt's place, watching TV with Salem as Zelda arrives back from her genius camp through the Other Realm portal.


ZELDA (V/O)

I’m back!


SALEM

Sabrina, please don’t tell Zelda what happened. She’ll never let me stay alone again.


SABRINA

Exactly, she’ll make you stay with me. My lips are sealed.


ZELDA (approaching)

Hey.


SABRINA

Hey. So how was the rest of genius camp?


ZELDA

Well De Vinci was a dream, Kecagard was a lech and Einstein short sheeted my bed! How was your weekend Salem?


SALEM

Very quiet. Nothing out of the ordinary, right Sabrina?


SABRINA

Right. (the doorbell rings) Pizza guy, I’ll get the money.


ZELDA

Oh, I’ll get the door.


Zelda answers the door as Sabrina goes for the cash. The man delivering the pizza is Jim Thom!


JIM THOM

That’ll be eighteen fifty.


ZELDA

Just put it right over there.


He walks over to the coffee table, spots Salem and they have an uneasy moment.


JIM THOM

You!


SABRINA (approaching)

You!


JIM THOM (looking at Sabrina)

You!! (to Zelda) No charge!


Jim Thom throws the pizza into Zelda's hand and runs off like a frightened little girl. Sabrina slips the cash back into her pocket with a dignified grin.


***


END CREDITS


***


Based on characters appearing in ARCHIE COMICS


Episode originally written by Adam England