Thursday, December 24, 2009

5x17 - Beach Blanket Bizarro

Roxie and Morgan are sitting at a table in the coffeehouse. Sabrina runs in and stands by them.


SABRINA

All right, not only am I the worlds greatest roommate, I’m also the world's greatest travel agent. Our Spring break problems are over.


ROXIE (standing)

Sabrina, I know how badly you wanna' go to Florida, but I'm not sleeping in somebody’s car!


SABRINA

You don’t have to. We are staying at The Surfside Motel in Pelican Cove, Florida. It’s the hottest place for Spring break this year. A twenty-four hour party.


MORGAN

Spellman, how did you pull this off?


SABRINA

Oh, while you were all whining about not having plans, I was surfing the net for a place to surf. Plus, I got some Jeb Bush flippers on eBay.


ROXIE (to Sabrina)

I take back what I said about you this morning. You rock!


MORGAN

Girls, man your bikinis, because we are heading south for Spring break!


The three of them jump up and down excitedly.


***


OPENING CREDITS


***


Hilda approaches the girls from behind the counter.


HILDA

I’m guessing you’re not jumping around because of the new hand drier in the restroom?


SABRINA

No. If we finish our mid-terms by next week we will be in Pelican Cove, Florida. That is, if you give me the week off.


HILDA

Of course I will. With all the studying you’ve been doing, you deserve a fun Spring break. Cruising the strip, tanning on the beach, ogling the lifeguards... Hey, can I go?


Hilda walks away. Josh comes over to Morgan.


MORGAN

Hey, Josh! Guess where you’ll be kissing me next week?


JOSH

Argh...on your neck?


MORGAN

Yes, but you’ll be doing it Pelican Cove. We’re all going to Florida!


JOSH

Alright, yes! Hey, I’ve been wanting to do some scuba-diving, now we can do it together.


MORGAN

Oh, that would be fun. As long as we don’t have to go in the water. Salt’s murder on my hair. Although I do look fabulous in neoprene.


JOSH

Me too. (walks off again)


ROXIE (to Sabrina)

What about Kevin, are you gonna' invite him?


SABRINA

I don’t know. I mean, Kevin and I haven’t been dating that long. I...I want him to go, but I don’t wanna' put him on the spot.


MORGAN

Oh, come on! I put guys on the spot all the time. It’s fun to watch the blood rush to their faces.


SABRINA

Asking Kevin to go on our first trip together is a big deal. I need to think about it.


Kevin walks in through the front door and joins them.


KEVIN

Hey, what’s going on?


SABRINA (looking for a diversion)

Argh, we got new hand-drier's in the bathroom.


MORGAN (turning to Kevin)

Dou you wanna' come to Florida with us for Spring break?


KEVIN

Yeah, I'm there!


Kevin reaches over and gives Sabrina a quick kiss on her cheek before turning away to the counter.


SABRINA (as Kevin is gone)

Morgan!


MORGAN

You don’t have to thank me now. But FYI, I’m a size four.


***


Hilda and Zelda are in their kitchen, getting ready to serve up spaghetti. Salem is on the counter.


ZELDA

Well, thank goodness Sabrina’s gonna be spending Spring break working in the coffee shop.


HILDA (looking guilty)

Unless someone accidentally gave her the week off to go to Florida.


ZELDA

Hilda?


HILDA

Well, Sabrina has been working so hard, I thought she deserved a week of R and R with her roommates and Kevin.


ZELDA

Kevin’s going too?


SALEM

Let the debauchery begin.


HILDA

Look, let’s not panic. This is Sabrina we’re talking about. A mature, responsible college student.


ZELDA

Well, I suppose you’re right. I mean, after all, we took many a Spring break sojourn ourselves.


HILDA

Oh, remember that fabulous trip we took to the acropolis with those adorable fraternity brothers?


ZELDA

Mmm...


HILDA (sudden realization)

Oh-oh!


Hilda and Zelda exchange a worried look.


***


Sabrina and Roxie are sitting at the table in the kitchen.


ROXIE

Just think, Florida. There’ll be guys from all over the Eastern seaboard.


SABRINA

Remember, we said no talk of Spring break until after we’re done studying for our last exam.


ROXIE

Sorry.


There is a short pause as they turn back to their studies.


SABRINA

Oh, I got the cutest little pink bikini today. This trip is gonna' be so great. Even the drive down will be fun.


ROXIE

Yeah, you and Kevin, Josh and Morgan, and me and Elroy Jetson.


Miles walks past in the kitchen.


MILES

Wow, no one has called me that since second grade. (walks off again)


SABRINA (to Roxie)

I just wish I knew if Kevin was going because he wants to have fun in Florida, or because he thinks of me as his girlfriend.


ROXIE

The guys been dating you for six weeks. You’re his girlfriend. He wrote a song about you.


SABRINA

He also wrote a song about Janet Reno.


ROXIE

You’ll have a whole week together. That should be plenty of time to find out how he feels about you.


SABRINA

You’re right. I just have to talk to him, ask him where he stands.


ROXIE

And, find out if he has a brother.

Roxie gets up and leaves. There is a buzz from the doorbell. Sabrina opens the door, and Hilda and Zelda are on the other side.


SABRINA

What are you guys doing here? (her aunts enter)


ZELDA

We were just in the neighbourhood.


HILDA

For no special reason. It’s not like we wanna' talk about Florida.


ZELDA

You do know that they get hurricanes there this time of year.


HILDA

And mosquitoes as big as my cousin Estelle.


SABRINA

OK, you didn’t come here to talk to me about the weather and blood sucking relatives.


ZELDA (pacing with Sabrina over to the couch)

You’re right. Sabrina, it’s just that, we’re concerned about you going away on Spring break unchaperoned.


They sit down on the couch.


HILDA

I started thinking about the college vacations I took, like that night in Naples when I wound up in a fountain with two massive...gladiators, it...(long pause)...I think I made my point.


SABRINA

Look, there’s nothing to worry about. I’m going with all my good friends and a guy I just happen to be dating.


ZELDA

It’s that last part that we’re worried about.


SABRINA

So, what you’re saying is, you don’t trust me.


ZELDA

No, we’re not saying that. It’s just that, sometimes young people can get caught up in the passion of the moment and...do things they might later regret.


HILDA

Like floating down a canal in Venice wearing nothing but a fig leaf and two single serving pizzas.


Zelda buries her head in her hands.


SABRINA

Look, just because you made mistakes when you were young, doesn’t mean that I’m going too. I’m a responsible adult and I think that I’ve proven that time and time again. I need you to trust me. Can you do that?


Hilda and Zelda exchange glances, as if considering.


ZELDA

Of course we can.


***


Hilda is sitting on the couch, while Zelda paces around in a panic. Salem is on the opposite couch.


ZELDA

We could just not give her the money to go.


HILDA

That would work...if someone hadn’t accidentally given her an advance on her pay-cheque. What do you want from me? I’m accident prone.


SALEM

Here’s my idea. We check into a really posh hotel near Sabrina. You two keep an eye on her while I enjoy a vigorous massage with hot mint-oil.


HILDA

Sabrina is leaving tomorrow. We’ve gotta' do something quick.


Zelda zaps the magic book onto the coffee table. She reaches down and flicks through some pages as she sits down beside Hilda on the couch.


ZELDA

Let’s see what the magic book has under good, clean fun...


HILDA

I’ve never used that chapter.


ZELDA

Here we go. A good clean fun consultant.


Zelda twirls her finger again and opposite them, in a swirl of sand, appears...FRANKIE AVALON


FRANKIE

Hey, kids! What’s shaking?


HILDA (she and Zelda approaching)

Oh my gosh, Frankie Avalon! I loved you in all those beach movies.


ZELDA

Oh, I cried when you and Annette broke up in Beach Blanket Bingo.


SALEM

And, and the way you shook your hips in How to Stuff a Wild Bikini...(Hilda, Zelda and Frankie glare)...made no impression on me what so ever.


HILDA

Frankie, I’ve always wanted to tell you something. You’re swell.


ZELDA

Super swell.


FRANKIE

Oh, listen girls, I appreciate all your fawning but, why exactly, am I here?


ZELDA

Our niece, Sabrina, is going to Pelican Cove for Spring break...


FRANKIE

Pelican Cove? Cowabunga! That place is the swingiest! Is she bringing her board?


HILDA

No. But she is bringing her boyfriend, Kevin.


FRANKIE

Oh, I get the picture. I got the perfect thing. (music plays in background) Sabrina and Kevin on the beach in the sun, all they’ll have is some good, clean fun!


ZELDA

Oh, thank you for infusing our lives with wholesomeness. (pause) Say, by the way, what are you and your swinging hips doing later?


HILDA (turning to Zelda)

Hey, I saw them first.


ZELDA

Back off! I saw him first! I was the first one to see his very first film.


Hilda and Zelda ad-limb their argument to themselves.


FRANKIE (to himself)

Crazy chicks.


He zaps himself away.


***


Sabrina, her roommates, Kevin and Josh finally pull up in their car in the carpark at the Surfside Motel in Florida.


ROXIE (V/O from car)

Oh, great! We made it to Pelican Cove.


MORGAN (V/O from car)

Let the parties begin!


SABRINA (V/O from car)

Wa-who!


MILES (V/O from car)

Is it possible to get sun-stroke through tinted glass?


***


Sabrina, soon followed by her roommates, walk into the lobby at the motel with their bags.


ROXIE

Spellman, it’s amazing you pulled this off.


KEVIN

Yeah, you’re awesome.


SABRINA

As in, awesome, like, "travel agent" awesome, or like, "long term relationship" awesome?


KEVIN

Well, let’s put it this way, I’d book all my vacations with you.


Kevin leans down and gives Sabrina a quick kiss on the forehead before turning away.


SABRINA (to herself; as Kevin is gone)

What’s that supposed to mean?


MORGAN

Josh, take my picture.


JOSH

Hey, why don’t I take it of everyone? Come on, get in before we mutate into crazed party animals.


As Josh gets in position to take the photo, his friends all gather around in a circle.


JOSH (aiming his camera)

Ready? (snaps the photo) Alright.


MILES

Wow, check out this retro furniture.


ROXIE

Yeah, it’s so Donna Reed meets Don Ho.


SABRINA

I’ll get us checked in.


Sabrina turns around to the front desk and bumps into Harvey.


SABRINA

Harvey?


HARVEY

Sabrina?


SABRINA

What are you doing here?


HARVEY

Checking out. What are you doing here?


SABRINA

Checking in. Wow. So, you look good.


HARVEY

Well, you haven’t seen my sunburn. It’s about the same colour as your hair... which I like.


SABRINA

Thanks.


A car horn sounds from outside.


MAN (V/O from outside)

Hey, Kinkle! In the car, we gotta' hit the road!


HARVEY (to Sabrina)

I’m sorry, but I really have to go. It was great seeing you.


Harvey and Sabrina lean in to give each other a hug. Harvey suddenly pulls back.


HARVEY

Ow.


SABRINA

What’s the matter? We can still hug, can’t we?


HARVEY

Of course. As soon as I grow a new layer of skin on my back. See you.


SABRINA

See you.


Harvey gives Sabrina a pat on the arm as he walks away. Sabrina turns back to the counter when the clerk clicks his bell.


DESK CLERK

Hey Red, you’re up.


SABRINA

Sorry.


As Sabrina turns back the rest of her group gather around behind.


DESK CLERK

Welcome to the Surfside Motel. The number one home of bodacious beach bunnies and all their honey’s.


SABRINA

Oh, well, we’re the Spellman bunny and honey party.


DESK CLERK (hands Sabrina keys)

You came to the right place. You kids are in for one neat-o week.


MORGAN/JOSH/ROXIE/MILES/SABRINA/KEVIN

Neat-o?


A group of kids with the 60's look about them come running out to the door. They are dressed out-of-fashion.


SABRINA (sensing something is wrong)

Wait a minute. It looks like there must be some kind of Gidget convention going on here.


MORGAN

Either that, or everything in my suitcase is suddenly out of style.


JOSH (to the 60's kids)

Hey, you guys, where’s the party?


GUY #1

Where else, man? The beach!


GIRL #1

Follow us. We’re gonna have a swinging time.


They follow out after them.


***


Sabrina, her roommates, Josh and Kevin, are walking along the beach as they watch a 60's party happening.


SABRINA

Well, you know, at times, a few people at conventions get carried away. (on looking) All right, sometimes hundreds of people get carried away.


MORGAN

This is scary.


KEVIN

Yeah, it’s like we’re in the twilight zone.


MILES

Well, we’ll know for sure if a lifeguard turns out to be Rod Serling.


The group is approached by two guys who escape the party.


BEACHDOGGIE

Hey you rocking chicks and cats, welcome to the cove. I’m Beachdoggie and this is Birdbrain.


BIRDBRAIN

Yeah, and I’m Birdbrain.


Back in Boston, Zelda and Hilda, along with Salem, are watching everything asit happens on the TV.


SALEM

That guy's a buffoon!


HILDA

When he’s that buff, he can put up with a lot of oon.


ZELDA

Shhh! I can’t hear the dialogue. We might miss a key story point.


Back at the beach.


BEACHDOGGIE

Hey, are you guys going to the big bonfire tonight? We’re roasting weenies and making s'mores.


MORGAN (sarcastic)

Wow! We don’t wanna' miss that.


Another guy comes over from the party.


TAD

Hey, beach bums. Surfs up, last one in iss a rotten egg.


Tad winks at Roxie and runs off. Another girl is standing by them now.


GIRL #2

That’s Tad, isn’t he dreamy?


ROXIE (gazed for a moment)

Gosh, is he dreamy...(to Josh)...did I just say Dreamy? Did I just say Gosh?


MORGAN (as they start walking again)

Sabrina, I thought we were supposed to be at the wildest beach in Florida. Instead, we’re hanging out with "Cats" and "Chicks" in super neat-o city.


MILES

I’ve got it! They’re all pod people.


JOSH

Sabrina, didn’t you look at any pictures of this place before you made the reservations?


SABRINA

I swear, when I booked the motel it didn’t look anything like this.


MORGAN

Oh yeah right. All of a sudden it just changed magically.


They all continue on except Sabrina.


SABRINA

My aunts are so dead!


Back in Boston, Hilda and Zelda look at each other guiltily.


***


The phone rings, Hilda passes it over to Zelda.


HILDA

It’s for you.


ZELDA (raising the phone)

Hello?


From now we cut correspondingly to Sabrina on the pay-phone in Florida and the living room with Hilda and Zelda.


SABRINA

Aunt Zelda, you’re busted!


ZELDA

Sabrina, what are you talking about?


SABRINA

Don’t play innocent with me. I know you put a spell on this place because you don’t want me to have any fun.


ZELDA

Oh, that is not true. We do want you to have fun...just, good, clean fun.


SABRINA

That is so sick! Well, you know, spell or no spell, I’m going to have a Spring break so hot it’ll melt the plastic sofa in the motel lobby.


Sabrina hangs up.


ZELDA

You don’t think she’ll do anything rash, do you?


HILDA

She’s gonna' make our trip to the acropolis look like quilting bee.


***


Back on the beach, Sabrina comes approaching towards Josh, who has just taken a photograph.


SABRINA

Hey, Josh, great news, our nightmare is over. I just booked us two rooms at a major party hotel in Fort Lauderdale. OK, well it’s not actually in Fort Lauderdale, but it’s everglades adjacent.


Hilda and Zelda are watching eagerly.


HILDA

Did you hear that? They’re going to a major party hotel.


SALEM (awakening)

Finally! This snoozer’s coming alive. Hey Hildie, would you mind if I sat on your lap for this part?


HILDA (stepping away)

Ewgh!


Back on the beach, Sabrina is having a hard time trying to get Josh to come with her.


SABRINA

So, come on guys, get your stuff. Let’s get out of here.


JOSH

Well, I don’t know Sabrina, this place is kind of fun. I’d just as soon stay here.


SABRINA

You can’t be serious. Why?


Morgan comes over with a hula hoop.


MORGAN

Because this retro thing is neat-o.


She swings the hula hoop around her hips.


SABRINA

No, it’s not. It’s like a horrible, evil kind of neat-o. I know Roxie’s not going to go for this.


JOSH

She’s not only going, she’s gone.


Josh points over and Sabrina finds that Roxie is sitting with Tad, assisting him in waxing his board with a flirty look on her face.


Hilda and Zelda are still watching the TV, back in their living room.


SALEM

Oh, this movie stinks! I’m calling my cable operator.


Back at the beach, Sabrina folds her arms and turns away in a huff, disgruntled. A green beach ball suddenly flips off her head.


KEVIN (approaching; laughs)

Sorry Sweetcorn, I guess the fellas and I got a little too rambunctious.


SABRINA

Let me guess. You wanna' stay here too?


KEVIN

Heck, yeah! This place is the most! I just learned how to watusi, watch.


Kevin goes off dancing. Sabrina trots behind him hitting her forehead in frustration.


SABRINA

This isn’t happening! Look, we could be on a beach in Fort Lauderdale right now partying like rock stars.


KEVIN

Fort Lauderdale, Pelican Cove, what’s the difference? I’m with my best girl. I’d party with you anywhere.


SABRINA

Oh, I’m glad you feel that way Kevin. You know, I’ve been wanting to talk to you.


KEVIN

Swell! Talk away.


SABRINA

I know we’ve been dating over a month, but I just wanna' know how you feel about...


A girl runs in the middle of them holding a guitar.


GIRL #2 (interrupts)

Hey! Anybody know how to play the guitar?


KEVIN

Yeah, I do!


GIRL #2

Swinging.


Kevin is dragged away over to a group not to far away, and is set up next to a drummer. Sabrina follows behind. A blonde singer peers up at Kevin.


AARON CARTER

Gosh, you look like Ricky Nelson.


KEVIN

And you look like Dennis The Menace.

The band start playing and the group dances.


SABRINA

Well, like they say, if all else fails, do the monkey.


And she does that.


***


Sabrina, Roxie and Morgan are sitting next to each other on a bed in the motel room. They have had their hair done in traditional 60's style.


MORGAN (looking at her reflection through hand mirror)

Crazy. (pause) Who needs high heels when you can have high hair?


Morgan passes the mirror over to Roxie, who looks at her reflection for a moment. The hair stylist tries to spray in some more spray, Roxie waves her hand at it.


ROXIE

I guess we know who’s responsible for depleting the ozone layer.


Sabrina gets the mirror and looks at her reflection.


SABRINA

Yeah. You know, I have to admit, this sixties thing is kinda' keen. So, how about you and Tad?


ROXIE

I know. Not only am I dating a surfer but when he says golly, I don’t wanna' hurl.


MORGAN

Wow. What is it about this place? I was all set for some out of control partying but, for some reason, all I wanna' do is have...


SABRINA (cutting Morgan short)

Good, clean fun?


MORGAN

Exactly.


ROXIE

So, have you had a chance to talk to Kevin yet?


SABRINA

No. Every time I bring up the subject, he decides either give a concert or learn a new dance.


MORGAN

Yeah, his Pelican Stomp is the wiggiest.


SABRINA

Well, tonight, at the clam bake, I’m gonna' take him on a romantic, moonlit walk and figure out exactly where we are in this relationship. That is, if I can get my hair through the door.


***


The same night, out on the beach. The group are surrounded by a bonfire. Josh comes and sits by Morgan.


JOSH

Hey, Morgan, do you wanna' go, argh, hike up to the cliff? Watch the waves break?


MORGAN

Oh, I can’t leave now. I’m tied for first place in the limbo contest.


Morgan goes and competes her part in the contest. The crowds cheer her on. Roxie is sitting with Tad.


TAD

Golly, you sure are cute. Why don’t you slip into something more comfortable? Like my arms? (embraces Roxie with his arm)


ROXIE

And, still, I’m not gagging.


Miles is walking around in the crowd with a large amount of zinc oxide smothered on his face. He approaches a couple sitting down toasting marshmallows.


MILES

Now, think hard. Do any of you remember climbing out of a pod?


A little while down from the party, Sabrina and Kevin walk along, hand in hand.


SABRINA

Well, we’ve finally got a chance to be alone. Kevin, can I ask you something?


KEVIN

Sure, but, I wanna' ask you something too.


SABRINA

You go first.


KEVIN

How do you sleep with that hair-do?


SABRINA

Kevin, we need to talk about our relationship. I’m not sure how you feel about us.


KEVIN

Well, I’ll tell you exactly how I feel. (music starts playing as Kevin sings) I like to think about you. You like to think about me. We’re just like birds of a feather ‘cause we’re having so much fun together.


SABRINA (murmuring)

I’m gonna' kill my aunts for this.
# We have fun, it’s true, in everything we say and do but a girl really needs to know if a guy's just a friend or if he’s her beau.


KEVIN/SABRINA

# That’s why I like to think about you and you like to think about me. Rain or shine, in any kind of weather you and I are having fun together.


SABRINA (singing ceasing)

Kevin, that was a blast, but not particularly informative.


KEVIN

Hey, look! Some crazy kids are starting a hula-hoop contest. Let’s get lost!


Sabrina follows after Kevin when he runs off yet again distracted.


***


The next day, Sabrina is out surfing with Kevin, standing.


SABRINA

Well, we may not be defining our relationship but at least I know what hang ten means now.


Tad and Roxie are also sharing a board.


ROXIE

Isn’t surfing nifty?


Morgan is next to Roxie, balancing on a board with two guys.


MORGAN

The niftiest! (calling) Hey, Josh!


Josh is on the beach making a sandcastle. He gives a wave and a forced smile to Morgan, albeit he is cheesed off through expression. Roxie comes running up from the water, hand in hand with Tad.


ROXIE

Wow, that was the living end. I think I’m ready to surf solo now.


TAD

Roxie, chicks don’t surf.


ROXIE

Why not?


TAD

They’re just supposed to sit on a guy's board and look good.


ROXIE

Oh, really? Well, for your information, this chick's not a hood ornament.


Roxie steals Tad's board from its place stuck up in the sand and hurls herself back at the waves.


TAD (watching Roxie)

That’s one cookie gal.


Meanwhile, Miles is walking along the beach covered in sunscreen as he comes across some very attractive women.


MILES

Hello, ladies. You shouldn’t expose that lovely skin to the harmful rays of the sun. If you’re interested in sun-block (offering) I'm holding.


The girls laugh in his face and walk off. Miles turns away and bumps into another woman, a blonde, who has a face full of sunscreen just like him.


MILES

Hello, there.


Sabrina is walking along as she presses down on her hair.


SABRINA

Oh! This isn’t hair, it’s the Washington monument. (walks over to Josh; who is building his sandcastle) Hey, nice parapets.


JOSH

Thanks, I work out.


SABRINA

So, where’s the queen of the castle?


JOSH

I don’t know. Morgan was supposed to meet me here a half hour ago, but I guess she got tied up, or lost track of time.


Sabrina looks over and finds that Morgan is being tossed up in the air by a group of boys, on a blanket.


SABRINA

It’s a toss up.


Girl #2 runs over.


GIRL #2

Oh, my gosh! Dig that crazy chic on the surfboard.


Roxie is over surfing solo.


TAD

Wow!


Roxie is being held up in the air by a few other guys as they pass Tad.


TAD

Wow, I never knew chicks could surf.


ROXIE

We’re cookie that way. Maybe you can sit on my board sometime.


Roxie is taken away.


TAD (watching)

Groovy!


***


Sabrina and Josh are walking along the beach together, as the sun is starting to come down.


JOSH

I can’t believe we’re going home tomorrow.


SABRINA

Me either. I hate the idea of going to physics class Monday morning. You know, unless I can wear clam-diggers. (flexes her legs out)


JOSH

Yeah, it’s been a pretty crazy trip. I mean, I had fun, but it wasn’t exactly how I imagined Spring break would be.


SABRINA

Yeah, I know what you mean.


JOSH

Do you know what I wish?


SABRINA (music suddenly starts up)

Oh no, you’re not going to start singing, are you?


JOSH

Why would I sing?


Sabrina looks over as a woman holding a radio speaker walks past.


SABRINA

No reason. Argh, what were you gonna say?


JOSH

Just that I wish Morgan and I could have spent more time together.


SABRINA

I can relate. Since we got here, Kevin and I have spent exactly twelve watusi free seconds alone.


JOSH

And, Morgan always has to be the centre of attention, and, that’s not me. You know, I like just walking along the beach, maybe even having an actual conversation.


SABRINA

Yeah, me too.


JOSH (as they stand and look out at the horizon)

Wow, look at that sky.


SABRINA

Yeah, it’s beautiful. And it’s nice to have someone to watch it with.


JOSH

Yeah. (pause) I wish Morgan and I could talk the way you and I do.


There is a moment of silence.


SABRINA

Argh, maybe we should get back?


JOSH

Yeah. Or, we could stay here and watch the sunset?


SABRINA

I like your idea better.


***


Night time on the beach. They are all gathered around a bonfire, Kevin singing with his guitar.r


KEVIN

# It’s the end of Spring break.
It hurts to say goodbye.
It’s the end of Spring break.
I think I’m gonna cry.


Morgan comes and sits beside Josh. She gives him a kiss on the cheek.


MORGAN

Hi. Oh, I am having so much fun this week. Wasn’t it great when we went horse-back riding on the beach?


JOSH

Argh, that was you, and every guy on the beach but me.


MORGAN

Oh.


Tad and Roxie are sitting together. Tad has his arms around Roxie.


TAD

So, Roxie, where does this leave you and me?


ROXIE

Well, it leaves you here, and I’m catching the next wave out of town.


They lean their heads on each other.


KEVIN

# We’ve all had a blast
on the surf and the sand.
We’ll be back next year
'cause our boards don’t work on land.


The crowd soon get up and move away, attracted to another sound starting up. Kevin comes and sits by Sabrina.


KEVIN

Sabrina, I just wanna' tell you that I feel like we’ve gotten a lot closer this week. I’m really glad you’re my girlfriend.


Sabrina looks over at Josh and Morgan.


SABRINA

Girlfriend? Well do we have to put labels on our relationship?


KEVIN

Well, no, I guess not. Well, maybe we should talk about it. I was kind of hoping that we could...


SABRINA (interrupting)

Do the mash-potato? That’d be swell!


Sabrina takes Kevin back into the crowd.


***


Back at Hilda and Zelda's. The movie has finished.


ZELDA

You were wrong, Salem, that movie was adorable.


Frankie Avalon appears again, in a cascade of sand before them.


FRANKIE

Well, it’s like I always say, there’s nothing better than good, clean fun.


ZELDA (standing)

Frankie, you’re back!


HILDA (standing)

You are!


FRANKIE

You bet I am. Come on, girls, let’s do the swim.


Frankie goes and stands by them, and as music plays in the background, they start dancing. The TV screen with Sabrina and Kevin on it fades out to an appropriate closing sequence: THE LIVING END


***


END CREDITS


***


Based on characters appearing in ARCHIE COMICS


Episode originally written by Barry Vigon & Tom Walla